What is an "overflow" or "bubbler" catch basin?
"Overflow" or "bubbler" catch basins are outlet points for an interconnected system of 2 or more catch basins designed to convey runoff water from one area to another in an effective manner. These generally exist where there is no nearby drainage main pipe to which the "overflow" catch basin may be connected. As such they fill up and "overflow" along the curbline to the next drainage system.

Show All Answers

1. What is an "overflow" or "bubbler" catch basin?
2. Why do some catch basins always seem to be clogged or flooding over?
3. If I see water or debris in a catch basin does that mean it's clogged or needs to be cleaned?