The Department of New Rochelle Parks and Recreation is gearing up for their annual Fun in the Sun summer programming for local youth.
Registration opens on Monday, March 6 at 9AM and is on a first-come, first-served basis.
The following specialty interest camps are being offered:
- Kiddie Kamp - at Columbus School for ages 3 to 5 (July 5 – August 11)
- Half-day camp for children ages 3 to 5 years old (third birthday by July 5, 2023). Children will be grouped by developmental compatibility to support participation in activities promoting socialization, physical education, language development, and fun!
- Ready, Set, Camp! - at Jefferson or Ward Elementary schools for youngsters that have completed K-5th grade (July 5- August 11)
- Full-day camp program features sessions in arts and crafts, group games, sports, music, performances, performing arts, hiking and other fun activities. Camp-wide special events, BBQ days, waterplay, and themed days are scheduled throughout the season along with an end-of-season talent show. Lunch and snacks will be provided through the Youth Nutrition Program.
- Camp N.O.W. - at New Rochelle High School for students graduating grades 5-7 (July 5 – August 11 )
- Four-hour camp program offered by the New Rochelle Youth Bureau meeting Monday - Thursday features a variety of sports, passive and active games, the arts, STEAM, and special pre-teen themed activities. For an additional fee, three trips are offered on three Fridays.
- Camp Joy - at Albert Leonard Middle School for current Special Education students ages 5 to 21 with mild to moderate intellectual/developmental disability (June 26-August 4)
- Campers with mild to moderate intellectual/developmental disabilities are offered an environment to explore and showcase their ability in the safest yet least restrictive environment deemed developmentally appropriate. Activities in the visual and performing arts, movement, fitness, games, social learning and cultural enrichment are components of the daily schedule.
Applications can be downloaded and dropped off with payment at the office of Parks & Recreation at 515 North Ave.- rear entrance.
Visit www.NewRochelleNY.com/FunintheSun for more information or contact the office at firstname.lastname@example.org and (914) 654-2087.