Westchester County will once again be participating in a nationwide effort on Saturday, Oct. 29 from 10AM to 2PM to get people to dispose of old, unused medicines properly,
When bringing unused medications – whether prescription or over the counter – keep them in their original bottle or container. Hypodermic needles will not be accepted; instead, place them in puncture-proof containers and throw in the trash.
The Westchester locations are as follows:
• Ardsley: Rite Aid Pharmacy (outside), 871 Saw Mill River Road.
• Croton-on-Hudson: Croton Commons Parking Lot, 171 through 187 South Riverside Ave.
• Eastchester/Tuckahoe: Tuckahoe Community Center, 71 Columbus Ave.
• Larchmont/Mamaroneck: Town of Mamaroneck Police Department, 740 Boston Post Road, Mamaroneck.
• Mt. Kisco: Mt Kisco Police Station, Moger Ave. & Green St.
• Ossining: Ossining Village Court Lobby, 86 Spring St..
• Pelham: Village of Pelham Police, 34 5th Ave.
• Pelham Manor: Village of Pelham Manor Police, 4 Penfield Place.
• White Plains (two locations): Saxon Woods Pool Parking Lot, 1800 Mamaroneck Ave. and White Plains Police Department, 77 S. Lexington Ave.
• Yorktown (two locations): Yorktown Police Department, 2281 Crompond Road and FDR State Park, Parking Lot 3, 2957 Crompond Road.
For directions or more information, call the county’s Recycling Help Line at 813-5425 or log onto: http://environment.westchestergov.com/recycling