On September 13th, 2022 at about 3:14pm, New Rochelle Police responded to 16 Cliff St on a report of an armed robbery. The victim, a food delivery driver, told police he was accosted by two male blacks both armed with handguns, who took approximately $50 and jewelry from him. New Rochelle Detectives were able to quickly develop leads as well as the vehicle involved. The Westchester County Police Real Time Crime Center was notified and was able to assist in identifying the vehicle and inform other police agencies in the County. The vehicle was then found parked and unoccupied in the City of White Plains. Multiple Police agencies, including White Plains, Greenburgh, Westchester County as well as the FBI Safe Streets Task Force responded to assist.
Shortly after finding the vehicle, 3 suspects were located nearby. The suspects attempted to flee on foot but were apprehended without injury after a brief foot pursuit. Two semi-automatic handguns were located in the vehicle, one of which was a ‘ghost gun’ with an extended magazine.
- Andrew Matthews, 27 years of age, of Mt. Vernon, NY.
- Kassem K. Harris, 27 years of age, of Mt. Vernon, NY.
- Herman I. Turner, 29 years of age, of Mt. Vernon, NY.
- NYS Penal Law 160.15 Robbery 1st Degree – B Felony
- NYS Penal Law 265.03 Criminal Possession of a Weapon 2nd Degree – C Felony
- NYS Penal Law 265.02 Criminal Possession of Weapon 3rd Degree (extended mag) – D Felony