On May 19, 2022, at about 1:34am, New Rochelle Detectives were notified by the Westchester County Police Real Time Crime Center (RTC) that a vehicle stolen overnight in Yonkers was traveling within New Rochelle. Detectives soon located the vehicle parked on Elm Street and suspected the occupants were on foot in the area. At 3:15am, the occupants returned to the vehicle with apparent proceeds of other larcenies from cars that were just committed. When they attempted to enter the car and flee, Detectives blocked the vehicle, preventing a pursuit situation. The suspects fled on foot and were quickly apprehended by New Rochelle Police Officers and Detectives. The suspects were both subsequently charged with multiple counts of Criminal Possession of Stolen Property and drug possession charges as well.
- Rafael Negron, 43 years of age, of Yonkers, NY.
- Hector Hernandez, 33 years of age, of Yonkers, NY.
- Penal Law 165.50 Criminal Possession of Stolen Property 3rd degree; over $3000 value – D Felony
- Penal Law 165.45 Criminal Possession of Stolen Property 4th Degree; over $1000 value – E Felony
- Penal Law 165.40 Criminal Possession of Stolen Property 5th Degree – 4 counts - A Misdemeanor
- Penal Law 220.03 Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance 7th Degree – A Misdemeanor