Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
From New Rochelle Police Commissioner Robert Gazzola:
“In 1962, President John F. Kennedy signed a proclamation which designated May 15th as Peace Officers Memorial Day and the week in which that date falls as Police Week....[to] honor those that have paid the ultimate sacrifice.” (www.policeweek.org/index.html)
As May 15th falls on a Sunday this year, the NRPD is recognizing May 15th - May 21st as National Police Memorial Week.
Please take a moment to reflect on the sacrifice of all law enforcement officers, and in particular, those members of the New Rochelle Police Department who have died in the line of duty
New Rochelle Police Department line of duty deaths
• Special Patrolman Maurice Ahern - June 20, 1903
• Lieutenant Thomas J. Payne – September 23, 1929
• Patrolman Daniel F. Murphy – April 25, 1930
• Patrolman Timothy Mahoney – May 5, 1930
• Detective William E. Mancusi – July 20, 1934
• Police Officer Allen B. McLeod – February 14, 1977
• Detective John C. Phillips – October 1, 1981
• Police Officer Gary D. Pagano – September 14, 1982
• Police Officer Kathleen M. O’Connor-Funigiello - August 16, 2018
• Detective Mark Gado (Retired) - September 16, 2018