New Rochelle and Pelham will come alive with creative works of all kinds Oct. 15-17, when ArtsFest 2021 fills the communities with gallery shows, live music, films, dance performances and so much more. Highlights will include the free ArtsFest Music Festival and ArtsFest Dance festival and artists’ open studios, plus activities at dozens of public and private venues from Wykagyl to downtown New Rochelle to the Pelham Picture House Regional Theater. After it was canceled last year due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the popular celebration of art is more important than ever now.
- Open Artists’ studios will welcome visitors for behind-the-scenes tours, including world renowned 3-D artist Charles Fazzino’s Museum Editions studio. All weekend, various locations and times.
- Classic Car and Vintage Harley Davidson Show. Oct. 16, 12 noon to 5 pm, at the Hamilton Avenue parking lot next to City Hall. Live music by Fat Bois Brass Band from 12 to 2 pm.
- Ajkun Ballet’s Swan Lake. Professional dancer perform excerpts from the eloved ballet. Saturday, Oct. 16 at 3 pm, New Rochelle Public Library, 1 Library Plaza.
- READ650 features stories told live in five minutes on the theme “Haunted.” Sunday, Oct. 17, at 3 pm, New Rochelle Public Library, 1 Library Plaza
The ArtsFest Dance Festival featuring performances by eight companies. Saturday and Sunday, Oct. 16 and 17, from 3 pm to 5 pm at the VAEA New Rochelle Arts, 595 Main Street. On Saturday: Dance Ministry Institute, Coleman School of Dance, Ballet Arts (Pelham) and Rooftop Rhythms. In addition Linda Andrews of Dance Connection will teach a short Swing dance class geared to adults. On Sunday: New Beginnings, Accent Dance NYC, A-Y / Dancers, and PAVE dance students from New Rochelle High School.
The ArtsFest Music Festival at the new NewRo Parc will feature an eclectic group of local musicians including Downstate Darlings, Ben Clark, One Accord Gospel, John Cobert, Fall Fling, Avalanche at Dawn, Monica Uhm and Trio of Awesuhm and Bombay Rickey among others. Saturday and Sunday, October 16 and 17, from 11 am (free yoga class) to 4 pm.
- The Pelham Arts Center will present interactive activities all weekend, including a Singer Songwriter Showcase on Friday night. 155 Fifth Avenue, Pelham,
- Art Exhibit and Coffee Tasting, features works by international and local emerging artists. Oct. 15, 16 and 17 at R Café & Tea Boutique, 302 Huguenot Street, (Coffee tasting 1 pm to 2:30 pm.)
- ArtsFest Artisan Market will take place Oct. 16 from 12 Noon to 5 pm on the grounds of Thomas Paine Cottage: Visitors will be able to purchase unique jewelry items and crafts from local vendors.
ArtsFest sponsors at press time include ArtsWestchester, Gwendolen Appleyard Trust, New Rochelle IDA, Charles Fazzino, L & M, Mill Creek Residential, Wilder Balter Partners, Alvin & Friends Restaurant, New Rochelle Downtown Business Improvement District, Twining Properties, RXR, and in-kind sponsors AJ’s Burgers and Empire Harley Davidson.
NRCA is proud to be a grantee of ArtsWestchester with funding made possible by Westchester County Government with the support of County Executive George Latimer.