Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
This Earth Day, join elected officials and community and environmental leaders for a Virtual Forum to be held Thursday, April 22 from 7:30-9PM. Learn how you can save money and save the planet by going green! The event is organized by the City of New Rochelle’s Energy Conservation Advisory Committee and Ecology & Natural Resources Advisory Committee with Sustainable Westchester. Topics include:
· Sustainable Cafeterias- A proposed pilot project for the City School District would end single use plastics and help our schools go green.
· EnergySmart Homes- Cleaner ways to heat and cool our homes, access vetted energy efficiency experts and get simplified financing, including rebates and subsidies.
· Community Solar- Save 10% on your monthly utility bills without adding any panels to your own home through this new program through Sustainable Westchester.
· GridRewards- This Demand Response program through Con Edison will pay you to reduce electricity at peak demand times.
· Sustainable Landscapes- Mow and rake less by transforming your lawn from a green carpet to a landscape of native plants home to helpful pollinators - bees, birds and butterflies.
“The Ecology and Natural Resources Advisory committee is proud of the GreeNR achievements our City has accomplished to date and we look forward to building on these successes and increasing community participation,” said ENRAC Chair Jessica Schuler. “The Earth Day Community Forum will be a great place to build on this momentum. Please join us in making New Rochelle GreeNR.”
Sign up for the forum at www.sustainablewestchester.org/webinar.
The Earth Day Virtual Forum is one of a number of events being held this month to increase awareness of and participation in sustainable practices that will enhance the quality of life for us today and future generations. Learn more at www.newrochelleny.com/greenr.