Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
he Iona College STEP 2020 Virtual Summer Program for Middle and High School Students is now accepting applications. However, space for enrollment in the Iona College STEP Summer program is limited. Qualifying students/families should apply now.
· Dates and time: The program will be held from July 6-24, 2020. Students are required to participate Monday - Thursday from 9am -12pm.
· Activities: Academic classes in math, science and technology, which prepares students for the upcoming semester, will be taught Monday-Wednesday each week. (Students will be placed in the math and science classes they expect to take in the new school year.) Classes will be interactive. Science kits for respective courses will be mailed to students, prior to the start of the program. The Virtual program will be held through the ZOOM Video Conference and Google Classroom platforms. Virtual field-trips, college tours and professional workshops with STEM and license professionals from across the country, will be offered on Thursdays.
· Link to Submit Application: Application to the Iona College STEP 2020 Virtual Summer Program can only be submitted through the Iona College website. Submission of paper forms provided prior to the COVID-19 pandemic will be rejected. The summer program application form consists of a student and a parent section. Parents should ensure both sections are properly completed and authorize the submission of the form. When completing the form, students are advised to complete their essay in a word document, then paste in the essay requirement section. To submit an application for the Iona College 2020 Summer program, kindly click on the following link: https://www2.iona.edu/forms/generalForm.cfm?thisForm=STEPSummerapplication
· Entry Requirements: Requirements for entry in the Iona College STEP program remains: Applicants should meet the minority ethnicity requirement OR fit the New York State’s low income family requirement. Students applying to the IONA College STEP program should also meet the grade requirement of 80% or above in math and/or science. Report cards will be assessed in the enrollment of new students. Following the submission of the application form through Iona College’s website, parents or teachers are required to submit students’ most recent report card, by emailing the program coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org (please state REPORT CARD in the subject line.)
· Waived Fees Announcement: Thanks to the Iona STEP Parent Board (ISPB,) all parental financial contributions related to the 2020 STEP Summer Program have been waived, due to economic challenges being experienced by families, during the COVID-19 pandemic. Contributions associated with the program will resume in the Fall 2020 program.