Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
In addition to the Business Resource Guide for COV-19 that was updated on Tuesday and posted to the City of New Rochelle website, we received additional information that is important to share.
1) Small Business provisions in the federal stimulus package: Congress has reached a bipartisan compromise on a $2 trillion economic stimulus package to address the economic impact caused by the COVID-19 outbreak titled the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act. Division A of the bill, which provides more than $377 billion in support to small businesses, includes prominent measures from the Keeping American Workers Employed and Paid Act sponsored by Republican Senators Marco Rubio (Fla.), Susan Collins (Maine), and Lamar Alexander (Tenn.), as well as the COVID-19 RELIEF for Small Businesses Act of 2020 sponsored by Ranking Member Ben Cardin (MD.) and all Democrats on the Senate Small Business Committee.A description of the small business provisions are included in the attachment.
2) Recommended cleaning procedures for grocery stores: Some consumer complaints have circulated that stores in New Rochelle are not following recommended procedures for maintaining the safety of customers and staff. For everyone’s awareness, here is a link to some guidelines from the National Grocery association - https://www.nationalgrocers.org/news/national-grocers-association-coronavirus/.
3) Landscapers are essential services: Some of the classifications about which businesses are essential are unclear. The attached guidance states that landscapers are part of the horticulture industry and are considered essential - for certain services. Please read the full attachment for clarification.
4) Westchester County Government SBA Webinars - Tuesday March 31st Westchester County will have 2 sessions to address questions about relief programs and how to get help from the SBA.
Important Zoom webinar on the SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loan Program
Date: Mar 31, 2020
Time: 11:00 AM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Host: Ying Zhou, Director, Queens College Tech Incubator
Co-host: Bridget Gibbons, Director, Economic Development, Westchester County
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 674 375 583
eCommerce Webinar for Small Businesses
The presentation will cover:
• How to add eCommerce to your existing website,
• How to add gift cards/gift certificates to your existing website, and
• How to set-up an inexpensive eCommerce website
Time: 2:00 - 3:30 PM Eastern Time
Join Zoom Meeting: https://zoom.us/j/834189757
There is a maximum of 300 connections for this session. Westchester County will record it and it will be available on the Economic Development website afterward. The slides will be available for download.
5) The Acceleration Project (TAP) Offers Free Services to the Small Business Community - (available on a first come, first-served basis). TAP’s mission to support small businesses and keep local economies alive is more critical than ever. TAP invites small business owners to schedule time to meet online with their consultants to work through pressing challenges.
EMAIL TO REGISTER and/or ALTERNATE EMAIL TO REGISTER
A special thank you to Catherine White, Executive Director of the New Rochelle Chamber of Commerce for finding and sharing valuable business information during this difficult time.
Interim Guidance for Horticulture
Small Business Provisions in Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act