Council District 1 Map
Martha received a B.A. degree from Lehman College in Sociology and a Master’s degree in Social Work from Columbia University. Martha worked for the Washingtonville Housing Alliance – a not-for-profit housing agency based in Mamaroneck, New York for 18 years as the assistant director. While working at the Washingtonville Housing Alliance Martha was involved in many community activities including:
- Founding member of the Board of Directors of KEEPS, an after-school program for children in Mamaroneck;
- Former Member of the Westchester Hispanic Advisory Board
- Former Board of Directors Secretary, Emelin Theater
- Recipient of Dr. Martin Luther King Human Rights Award, for her efforts on behalf of immigrants
- In 1999 Martha co-founded the Hispanic Resource Center of Larchmont/Mamaroneck (Now known as the Community Resource Center) and for two years served as its president.
From 2001 to 2009 Martha served as the Director for Hispanic Affairs for Westchester County. On March 12, 2018 she was appointed to the position of Assistant to the County Executive - Immigrant and Community Affairs. She serves as a bridge between the governments’ programs and services and the Westchester Immigrant community. In addition, she has assumed an active role in the Minority Women Business Enterprise Program. Martha has been a New Rochelle resident since 2005. She is married to Dennis Hanratty. They have two sons and one “adorable” granddaughter.