- Business Development
- Door to Door
Door to Door
A person or entity who by going from house to house, place of business to place of business to sell their goods, wares, or merchandise is a door to door vendor (Food is not allowed on this permit).
- It shall be unlawful for any person to act as a vendor without first having obtained a license from the Department of Development.
- Applicant must fill out Door to Door Application and return to the Department of Development with:
- Proof of liability insurance with the City of New Rochelle listed as additional insured, plus endorsements from company licensed to do business in the State of New York.
- Certificate of insurance (Acord form) showing coverage of not less than $1,000,000 per for bodily injury and property damage, including blanket contractual liability and all broad form comprehensive general liability enhancements.
- The certificate shall name as additional insured the City of New Rochelle, and the state that such insurance shall be primary and non-contributory to any insurance held by the City.
- Endorsement page(s) evidencing the insurance required below.
- Notarized application with raised seal
- 2 Passport-sized photos
- Copy of official ID (driver's license, passport)
- Payment (check or money order to City of New Rochelle)
- Term of Licenses: All licenses shall be issued for the period of 1 year, said period starting on January 1, and terminating December 31, of the same year.
- License $225
- Plates $ 50
- Total Fees: $275
- All Vending permits are not transferable to any other persons.
- Door to door peddling/soliciting is limited to the hours between dawn and dusk Monday through Friday except holidays. Dusk occurs 30 minutes after sunset.
- The City Clerk shall maintain a list of residents who opt-out of any Door to Door solicitation and shall provide such list to all licensees permitted under City Code Chapter 235. Door to Door solicitors and vendors shall not solicit any property on such list.
- A vendor shall not create or maintain any booth or stand or place barrels, boxes, crates, tables, chairs or other obstructions upon any street, public place or sidewalks for the purpose of selling their merchandise.
- Full information at Code Chapter 235.
Upon satisfactory compliance with all the provisions of said license. A license shall be issued without fee, to veterans or widows of veterans' holding a license from the County Clerk of Westchester County, pursuant to Section 32 of the General Business Law.
Penalties for Offenses:
An offense against the provisions of this article shall be punishable by a fine of not more that $250 or by imprisonment for not more than 15 days or both. Each day that a violation continues shall be deemed a separate violation.