Door to Door
- It shall be unlawful for any person to act as a vendor without first having obtained a license from the Department of Development.
- Applicant must fill out Door to Door Application and return to the Department of Development with:
- Notarized application with raised seal
- Surety bond in the Penal sum of $500
- Applicant who demand or accept payments or deposits must provide a surety bond in the amount of $1,000. The original bond with the raised seal must be provided.
- 2 Passport-sized photos
- Copy of official ID (driver's license, passport)
- Payment (check or money order to City of New Rochelle
- Term of Licenses: All licenses shall be issued for the period of 1 year, said period starting on January 1, and terminating December 31, of the same year.
- License $225
- Plates $ 50
- Total Fees: $275
- All Vending permits are not transferable to any other persons.
- Door to door peddling/soliciting is limited to the hours between dawn and dusk Monday through Friday except holidays. Dusk occurs 30 minutes after sunset.
- The City Clerk shall maintain a list of residents who opt-out of any Door to Door solicitation and shall provide such list to all licensees permitted under City Code Chapter 235. Door to Door solicitors and vendors shall not solicit any property on such list.
- A vendor shall not create or maintain any booth or stand or place barrels, boxes, crates, tables, chairs or other obstructions upon any street, public place or sidewalks for the purpose of selling their merchandise.
- Full information at Code Chapter 235.
Upon satisfactory compliance with all the provisions of said license. A license shall be issued without fee, to veterans or widows of veterans' holding a license from the County Clerk of Westchester County, pursuant to Section 32 of the General Business Law.
Penalties for Offenses:
An offense against the provisions of this article shall be punishable by a fine of not more that $250 or by imprisonment for not more than 15 days or both. Each day that a violation continues shall be deemed a separate violation.