The Department of Public Works provides and maintains the City's physical facilities through its various operations bureaus and services:
- Municipal engineering
- Traffic engineering
- Maintenance, repair and construction of sewers and drains
- Cleaning of streets and highways
- Collection and disposal of refuse and recyclable materials
- Maintenance, repair, construction, reconstruction and resurfacing of streets
- Maintenance of traffic control devices
- Installation of street lights
- Maintenance of City-owned trees
- Removal of ice and snow from public thoroughfares
- Leaf and yard waste removal and recycling
- Maintenance of City-owned buildings and structures
- Maintenance of City vehicles.
ONLINE PERMIT SYSTEM
Moratorium Period for Permit Applications
During the moratorium period, no work is permitted from November 8th - January 15th on Lincoln Ave, Main St, North Ave, Huguenot St, and Pelham Rd.
No work is permitted City wide from December 1st though January 15th.
No new permits shall be issued during these time periods. Anyone working without a valid permit may be issued a summons.
Emergency work must be approved by the Commissioner of Public Works.
View the City code for more details.
The City of New Rochelle observed Arbor Day by planting a white oak tree in front of City Hall, joined by classes of students from the New Rochelle Children’s Center for Learning. Read on...
Suez, ConEd and the City will be working on Main Street in the coming months Continued...
Alternate side of the street parking restrictions will resume as of April 1 for those streets and portions of streets subject to winter suspension from Jan. 1-March 31. Read on...