Handicap Permits

The Department of Parks and Recreation is the issuing agent for the New York State Parking Permit for people with severe disabilities. In order to obtain a parking placard from this department you must be a resident of the City of New Rochelle. A completed New York State Department of Motor Vehicles form (MV664.1) must be submitted to this office along with a copy of the drivers license or non-drivers identification card for the person with the disability. The form must have a diagnosis and the original signature from the doctor. Placards will be issued as per the doctors recommendation.