Veolia Water Main Replacement- Webster Avenue
FACT SHEET FROM VEOLIA
Veolia’s $13.6 million Webster Avenue main replacement project is designed to enhance service to downtown New Rochelle and accommodate the city’s revitalization plans. Veolia will install approximately 7,350 feet of new 30” ductile iron water main along Webster Avenue from Mayflower Avenue to Main Street. Triumph Construction will be performing the work under the oversight of Veolia’s engineering team.
- Improve fire flow and sustainable water supply to meet the current and future needs of downtown New Rochelle and surrounding areas.
- Support the growth and development within the service area.
- Replace 12” cast iron water main originally installed in 1885 in Webster Avenue, with ductile iron water main including new hydrants and services.
- Enhance overall pressure and reduce pressure fluctuations in New Rochelle Low pressure district.
Construction activity is planned Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. until between 5 - 7 p.m. Veolia will start work November 2023 and expects to complete the Webster Avenue project over the next two to two-and-a-half years (late 2025/early 2026).
- Veolia’s investing over $13 million to improve service reliability and capacity for New Rochelle’s downtown business and residential community.
- This project will help eliminate leaks and associated water loss, reduce the potential for service interruption and improve overall system efficiency.
- Veolia’s new main will accommodate the City of New Rochelle’s plans for future growth.
WEBSTER AVENUE PROJECT FAQS
Why is Veolia doing this work?
The company is committed to continuously improving safe and reliable service to its customers. Veolia’s Webster Avenue main replacement will support the City of New Rochelle’s downtown revitalization plans and provide for increased water demand. This project represents the largest improvement to the area’s distribution system since it was originally installed in 1885.
Will I experience an interruption in water service?
Veolia's goal is to complete this project with minimal service interruption. If you are served by the portion of main being replaced, you will experience a limited interruption when your service is being transferred to the new segment of main. Veolia will notify you in advance of your service transfer so you can prepare accordingly. In the event of an unplanned emergency interruption, we will notify you about what we’re doing to restore service and any action you may need to take. Will Veolia’s work impact traffic in the neighborhood? Veolia’s crews will only close off the portion of Webster Avenue that is being actively worked on each day. Veolia's Webster Avenue water main replacement project will begin just south of the Webster Avenue/Mayflower Avenue intersection and will continue down Webster Avenue, culminating at the Main Street intersection. Flaggers will help direct drivers and pedestrians safely around our work zone. We will make every effort to minimize the impact of our main replacement while work is in progress.
How long will this project take?
Each phase of the Webster Avenue main replacement is designed to minimize impact on the local residential and business community. The entire project is expected to be completed within approximately 2 to 2.5 years. Veolia is committed to managing a variety of field conditions that may affect this schedule in order to complete work as safely and as quickly as possible.
For more information, please visit mywater.veolia.us and click on alerts.