Westchester Power is an electricity purchasing program for the municipalities in Westchester County, which has provided competitive and stable fixed-rates for over 100,000 residents and small businesses while increasing renewableenergy.
• The City of New Rochelle joined the program in April 2016.
• There are two electricity options: a basic and green supply.
• The City of New Rochelle selected the green option (100% renewable wind power) as the default supply.
• All City residents have the ability to switch between options or opt out of the program altogether.
• The more City residents that participate, the easier it is to get cheaper rates for cleaner sources.
As of October 2017, it is estimated that the Westchester Power program has:
•Saved $9 million across all participating customers;
•Served 1 billion kilowatt hours; and
•Avoided 216,000 metric tons of carbon dioxide emissions.
Learn more about the program and rates
change your energy supply type
This notification was sent out to new residents and businesses in September.