Wildcliff Manor is located on Wildcliff Drive situated on 1.23 acres of waterfront property on the New Rochelle, New York shore of the Long Island Sound. It was originally designed as a residential home by Alexander Jackson Davis, built between 1855-1863, with several additions in 1865 and one in 1919.
A 1,200 square-foot theater structure built in 1977 has since been demolished. Situated on a sloping site, rising 40 feet from Echo Bay, with a number of mature trees and other vegetation, the original building consisted of two-stories and an attic, with a porch on the south elevation. It is one of the few remaining stone, Gothic Revival style buildings in New Rochelle.
It is the City’s intention to find a partner interested in the redevelopment of this historically significant property. To that end, the City has utilized proceeds from the sale of the adjacent Wildcliff Cottage property to replace the roof and windows as well as some interior demolition.
The cottage property, previously owned by the estate of Clara B. Prince, was conveyed to the City with the covenant that net sales on the property be used for capital infrastructure improvements and ongoing maintenance of the Wildcliff Manor property.
For more information on Wildcliff Manor, please contact the Development Department at (914) 654-2185.