Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
PURPOSE OF PROJECT
• Add art to the public realm in downtown New Rochelle.
• Create a ‘signature’ on-the-street work that can be replicated at multiple locations around the city.
• Enliven the streetscape in downtown.
• Improve pedestrian safety by alerting drivers to pedestrian traffic.
• Create a welcoming vibrant downtown.
• Create a sense of connection between downtown and North Avenue.
Artists are strongly encouraged to view the city’s website www.newrochelleny.com
to understand city goals and initiatives particularly in relation to
the arts, downtown development, and transportation before making a submission.
The jury of selection will consist of members of The Municipal Arts Commission,
Department of Public Works Director of Traffic Engineering; and
the Development Department's Senior Real Estate Manager.
Winning entry will receive a $2500 prize.
For questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
February 28, 2017: Artist submissions are due
March 15, 2017: Selected artist(s) are notified
For Complete Information and Prospectus:
ART UNDER YOUR FEET